With more than 300 species of birds spotted here, plus numerous parks and waterways, Wicomico County is a great place for birding. Bring your binoculars on your next trip.
- Birder's Guide to Maryland and D.C.
- Visit Maryland - Open for Birding
- Tri-County Bird Club / Facebook
- MD Birding Facebook Group
Great Birding Spots
Below are the Top 5 hotspots for Wicomico County on eBird. Visit the link to learn more about the location.
- Pemberton Park
- Nanticoke River Wildlife Management Area - Nutter's Neck
- Cedar Hill Marina
- Schumaker Pond and Ward Museum
- Ellis Bay Wildlife Management Area
Visit this link to read about featured Wicomico County birding sites on the Birder's Guide to Maryland and D.C. website.
Salisbury is also a Bird City. Read more here.
Take a bird walk with fellow birders from the Ward Museum of Wildfowl Art on Wednesdays at 9 a.m. Find details here.
Photos, from top, are by Garon Clark, Laurie Bireley, Susanne Smeltzer and Kristin Hazel.