After a quieter holiday season last year, there are events happening all across Wicomico County this December.
Plan out your holiday schedules with this guide.
Holiday shows at revival
Revival, the new venue located in Downtown Salisbury, hosts numerous holiday-themed shows this month. They are:
- Cartoon Christmas Trio on Friday, Dec. 3, at 7:30 p.m.
- The Boy Band Project Holiday Edition on Saturday, Dec. 4, at 8 p.m.
- Holiday Tea: Interactive Show on Saturday, Dec. 11, at 3 p.m.
- Naughty or Nice!? A Holiday Drag Show on Saturday, Dec. 11, at 8 p.m.
- Christmas Cabaret on Thursday, Dec. 16, at 7:30 p.m.
- Dial "S" for Santa Holiday Mystery Dinner on Friday, Dec. 17, at 6:30 p.m.
- Ho! Ho! Ho! Holiday Comedy Show on Saturday, Dec. 18, at 8 p.m.
- Sunday Holiday Drag Brunch on Sunday, Dec. 19, at 1 p.m.
- Aunt Mary Pat's Christmas Special! on Thursday, Dec. 23 at 7:30 p.m.
To learn more or buy tickets, visit this link.
Salisbury Christmas Parade
The Salisbury Jaycees have partnered with the City of Salisbury and Mountaire Farms to host the 75th annual Christmas Parade, to be held in Downtown Salisbury on Sunday, Dec. 5 at 1 p.m. Click here for more information.
Salisbury Zoo Events
The Salisbury Zoo, located at 755 S. Park Drive in Salisbury, hosts several holiday events this month.
- Rockin' Around the Zoo features an evening pajama party, story time and singing on Saturday, Dec. 4, from 4-5:30 p.m.
- Rockin' Around the Zoo - Sensory Friendly will be offered Sunday, Dec. 5, from 4-5:30 p.m. for families who need sensory accommodations.
- Critter Christmas features crafts and Santa Claus and will be held Saturday, Dec. 11, from 1-4 p.m.
- Cookies with Santa features, of course, cookies and a visit with Santa Claus, along with story time and a craft. This will be held Saturday, Dec. 18, from noon-1:30 p.m. and 2-3:30 p.m.
Christmas in Whitehaven
Head to the historic village of Whitehaven for a holiday celebration this Saturday, Dec. 4, from noon-5 p.m. The Whitehaven Heritage Association hosts Christmas in Whitehaven at the historic schoolhouse, located at 2740 Church St. Enjoy food, children's activities and a visit from Santa Claus. Learn more here.
Poplar Hill Mansion Events
The City of Salisbury's oldest home will host visitors at the Yuletide Open House this Sunday, Dec. 5, from noon-4 p.m., featuring a Polar Express theme. The following Saturday, Dec. 11, the mansion hosts Tea with Santa and Mrs. Claus for children. Poplar Hill Mansion is located at 117 Elizabeth St. in Salisbury.
Home for Christmas in Mardela Springs
Celebrate the season in Mardela Springs, which will host Home for Christmas on Saturday, Dec. 11. The day kicks off with the Westside Historical Society Jingle Bell 5k at 9 a.m., and there will also be a scavenger hunt, kids' activities, museum tours, a visit from Santa and more. Learn more by visiting the Facebook event page or Westside Historical Society website.
In addition to these events, see the Christmas tree, Hanukkah menorah and Kwanzaa kinara in Downtown Salisbury and the lights at the Salisbury City Park. Enjoy the holiday season!
The top photo is by Tony Weeg. The images for the Christmas Parade, Christmas in Whitehaven and Home for Christmas are from the events' respective Facebook pages.