Wicomico County Tourism is offering a chance to get away — without going too far. We're giving away two staycation packages to people who live and/or work in Wicomico County.
The COVID-19 pandemic has been tough on everyone, so we're hosting this giveaway to support our community.
Each of the two winners will receive a gift certificate for a one-night stay at the Whitehaven Hotel.
If you live here, you might not have stayed there before. It's a historic building in a beautiful setting along the Wicomico River and right by the
Whitehaven Ferry — perfect for a relaxing getaway. Read more about the hotel in articles from MidAtlantic DayTrips, Champagne Living and Getaway Mavens.
Each winner will also get a $100 gift card that can be used at the nearest restaurant, The Red Roost/ Bull Lips Dock Bar , along with Boonies Burgers, Beer & Bait and Evolution Craft Brewing Co. The Red Roost was named the Chesapeake's Can't-Miss Crab Shack in Men's Journal.
Entrants must be 21 or older and live and/or work in Wicomico County.
In addition to the gift certificates to the Whitehaven Hotel and the Southern Boys Concepts restaurants listed above...
The trip for Prize Package One also includes:
- Enjoy lunch or dinner at Market Street Inn ($50 gift card).
- Enjoy lunch or dinner at Brew River Restaurant & Bar ($50 gift card).
- Visit Bordeleau Vineyards & Winery and enjoy a wine tasting. Get a glass of your favorite wine or a bottle to bring home ($50 gift card).
- Cool off with a sweet treat at Island Creamery ($25 gift card).
- Go shopping at Vernon Powell Shoes with a $50 gift card.
The trip for Prize Package Two also includes:
- Enjoy lunch or dinner at MoJo’s Urban Eatery ($50 gift card).
- Enjoy lunch or dinner at Roadie Joe’s ($50 gift card).
- Pamper yourself at Fancy Fingers Nail Salon ($50 gift card).
- Get a sweet treat at The Ugly Pie ($25 gift card).
- Go shopping at The Country House with a $50 gift card.
The giveaway will be open through Friday, July 31, at 5 p.m. Learn more and enter the giveaway here.
If you win, you might just want to relax, but if you'd like some inspiration for staycation activities, check out these articles.
Because of changes due to preventing the spread of COVID-19, please check to see whether businesses/attractions are open and whether hours or procedures have changed. If a location is temporarily closed, add it to your list to visit later.
The individual photos in this post (not the collage at the top) are by Donna Henderson and Doug Ruark.