This week, the Mid-Atlantic Tourism Public Relations Alliance, of which we're a member, is celebrating the first Mid-Atlantic Road Trip Week. We weren't able to gather with fellow destination marketing organizations and travel writers like we normally do each September, so we're connecting with writers virtually and sharing itineraries.
Plan a trip to Wicomico County with the following ideas:
- Check out our Wicomico County Weekend Getaway itinerary on the MATPRA website.
- Visit Wicomico County destinations on the Chesapeake Country Scenic Byway -- highlighted on the Maryland Tourism website. Get a look at byway sites in this video.
- Read a blog post we published on National Road Trip Day about sites not far from Route 50. The Salisbury Zoo has reopened with limited hours since this post was published.
Give the following articles a read to see what travel writers have experienced here in Wicomico County. Aside from the first article listed, these articles were written before COVID-19, so be sure to check attractions' hours and any new health and safety guidelines while planning your trip.
- Serenity Granted: Maryland's Historic Eastern Shore Offers a Quick Escape into Nature by Stephanie Kalina-Metzger
- What to do on a 3 Day Vacation to Wicomico, Maryland by Rachel Ferrucci
- A Baby Boomer's Guide to Wicomico County by Zippy Sandler
- Seven Things Guys Shouldn't Miss in Wicomico County, Maryland by James Hills